Wounds heal naturally. However, the ability of a senior’s skin to heal becomes less efficient due to old age and the slower rate of the body to produce new cells. Often, scars and dark blotches may form after a wound completely heals. And if a wound is not treated immediately and properly, it can lead to infection, particularly for acute or chronic ones by a certain health condition.
To prevent this from happening, here are some tips for proper wound care:
- Apply pressure to the wound to stop it from bleeding.
- Then, gently clean the wound with clean, running water.
- Avoid rubbing any harmful substances such as alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to prevent hurting the skin tissues around your wound. Instead, apply an antibiotic ointment.
- Dress or cover the wound with a clean and sterile bandage.
But if the pain does not subside and fever is experienced, kindly seek medical help immediately.
FAMILY FIRST HOSPICE CARE is a provider of hospice care services in Alpharetta, Georgia, where it is our mission to provide quality care and support to terminally-ill individuals and their family members. We are here to help them overcome their struggles and preserve their quality of life.
Our hospice team is made up of skilled and compassionate individuals who will assist seniors, adults, and children with their personal needs and everyday activities.
We provide the following services:
- Wound Care
- Medical Social Services
- Pain Management
- Hospice Care and many more